Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Change

In 1998, when my older brother came back from Paris, he brought me a perfume, called "Dream" by the Gap. I don't really remember what I was using before that, but for the past 12 years, I have been using Dream. My mother has been using her perfume all her life, and whenever I smell that perfume, I think of her. My friends feel the same way about Dream, they associate me with it instantly.
When I was reading the May issue of Elle, I came across a Chanel ad for "Chance Chanel, Eau Tendre." For the first time in the past 12 years, it made me wonder how it would be to change my perfume. It might seem like I am over dramatizing the situation, but if I start using Chance Chanel, I am going to feel like I am changing a part of myself.
We'll see. After class today, I am going to go and try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails