Tuesday, June 15, 2010

RonGalella

I saw "Smash His Camera" a few days ago on HBO. Not knowing who Ron Galella was, it was the premise that got me interested in watching the documentary. The more I watched, the more I was amazed by how the concept of being a paparazzi photographer hasn't changed in a bit. The only difference is, in Galella's time, he was the most persistent one.

I do, however, think the quality of paparazzi photography has gone down, way down. When I look at Galella's pictures, I think it's a form of art, it's not just any picture...



The documentary is named "Smash His Camera" because Jackie O once told her bodyguards to, well, smash is camera after he took a picture of her. Galella says Jackie was his biggest obsession, and her favorite subject to take pictures of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails